GWUT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round One Pregame Analysis!

4 posters

Go down

Round One Pregame Analysis! Empty Round One Pregame Analysis!

Post  Watchthemdrift Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Alright well now that I am finally home I can write a decent analysis for everyone... Sorry but with maintaining the site and work getting really busy I have been doing a juggling act trying to balance it all. I thank you space for posting your own analysis, it's content like that that will keep us going strong. GWUT.

DRIFT's HOMEGROWN H2H PREGAME ANALYSIS:
1 Like a Star @ heaven -LOW SCORING/MATCH CLOSENESS
5 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven -HIGH SCORING/MATCH CLOSENESS

1. Watchthemdrift vs. 16. Hunkzfunkzmum
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven
Well I am not a fan of analyzing myself due to an obvious bias, however, I am in the tournament and this analysis wouldn't be complete without my inclusion. Unfortunately, I haven't been graced with being able to play with mum for a long period of time, so I will again base my decision on stats. My kill/death ratio and accuracy are on a completely different level above mum. This is an unfortunate side-effect of the seed system, but the system is there for a reason and it will stay there for a long time. However If this game were based on personality alone she would have beat me cold. My hat goes off to the only female in an all male tournament, playing a male dominated game. Best of luck mum. Drift for the win.

8. CrAzY-MIROSLAV vs. 9. Faded213
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
If you have the chance to watch this match do it, because this will play out as one of the better matches to spectate. Though I am not totally familiar with their playing styles, and I have never played with Faded213, I believe this will be the closest match of the tournament. If Crazy restrains himself from making poor decisions he will come out on top. Slight advantage to crazy because I have watched him outplay many top name players at times. Win to Crazy.

5. SpaceFreak0422 vs. 12. loocosmi123
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Unlike the previous match I have had a lot of experience with this two. Space has grown into a quality player, and has continued that progress. Though every so often he will make careless decisions and find himself not preforming where his true abilities should put him. This will be accentuated against looco, as looco uses terrain and trickery to his advantage. Looco's keen ability with a sniper rifle might have given him a big advantage if this match was not taking place in scrapyard, look for space to pull this one off nicely with a decent lead. Space for the win.

13. deadboy874 vs. 4. Bartenderlovin
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like previously stated Bartender is fierce and aggressive in his tactics, His agility will blur your shots and define what true hardcore playing means. Despite all this I see deadboy being a thorn in bartenders side. If bartender can successfully manage his frustrations with deadboy then he will advance to the next round, yet if they get the best of him so will deadboy. Bartender for the win in what could be a surprisingly close match.

3. sikntwstd vs. 14. Foxtrot_22
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Methodical yet assertive, intelligent yet fearless, words still can't seem to describe the ingenious gameplay of sikntwstd. He plays as if he had already planned every step from the start of the match and thoroughly executes each meaningful advance with the precision a surgeon has with a scalpel. I have had the blessing of playing with Sik since COD4, and as with space, I have watched him grow into one of the most well rounded players in the game. Granted Fox will put up a decent fight, it would be nothing short of a miracle if he pulls off a win. Easy win for Sik, look for a big distance in score.

6. HolyxSword vs. 11. staind2407
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Having witnessed Holy's playing ability much more than I have staind's, and given the fact that they are fairly well separated statistically I think this will be all Holy. Holy is versatile in his ability to wield a sniper rifle nearly as well as he can a close range weapon. Staind will have his work cut out from him and I believe his best bet is to try and out snipe Holy...that would put a nice twist in holy's path for the second round. Holy wins it, look for it to be a big win.

10. uhh_get_some vs. 7. Trauma_Syndrome
SCORE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
CLOSE: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
This, much like the Crazy vs. Faded match will be one of the better matches to witness. get_some is a force to be reckoned with no matter what skill level you are. It will all come down to what he brings to the table. Trauma has grown over the years and slowly increased his stature as one of the more solid players, he will feel at home with this being a team death match and that should be enough to give him the edge over get_some. Trauma with the close win, look for a razor thin close match.

15. white_hand10 vs. 2. Bringnthehouse
I know I am going to catch a lot of flak for this but I think this will be the first round's only upset. Stats put house on top, but I have seen white_hand do some amazing things. This match be a close one and the only one I feel like I can positively put my stamp of approval on for an upset. House is a fantastic player and against anyone else I would have him as a win, but house seems like he will be the underdog to beat. Another match to watch, this will be close but white hand has the win.

Good Luck to everyone, I hope my words were encouraging and fell on humble ears.

Last edited by Watchthemdrift on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Watchthemdrift
Watchthemdrift

PSN Name : Watchthemdrift

https://gwut.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Round One Pregame Analysis! Empty 1st round anaylsis by Freak

Post  Spacefreak0422 Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I will take a crack at this.

Watchthemdrift VS. Hunkfunksmum

I have played with Drift for a long time, he is one of the first players that I have ever added to my friends list. Mum I have only played with a few times. Drift has this one easily by accuracy alone. Drift is too skilled a player for this one. Advantage: Drift

CRAZY-MIROSLAV VS. FADED

I haven't played win either one of these guys for long. Crazy however has gotten a whole lot better since first palying with him. This one I can see going back and forth and sticking very close. Advantage: Crazy.

Spacefreak Vs. Loocosmi

Loocosmi is another player that has been improving in the little time that I have been playing with him. His camping will be his downfall however cause space will be too aggressive for him. Advantage: Spacefreak

Deadboy Vs. Bartenderlovin

I have played quite a bit with both of these two. Both have their strenghts for sure, they both play smart, most of the time. Both know the games maps very well and know how to use it to thier advantage. Should be close, However Bartenderlovin is going to take this one. Advantage: Bartenderlovin

Sikntwstd Vs. Foxtrot

Sik is by far the player I have played the most with, his accuracy percentage is far worse than it should be so don't let that fool you. Foxtrot is an agile player and has also improved in time. Sikntwstd should win this one hands down. Advantage: Sikntwstd

HolyXsword vs. Staind

Holys camping skills is going to have to come in handy in this one or staind is going to walk right through this one. Holy is good with his handguns and might want to switch to that in order to win. Advantage: Holy

UMM GetSume vs. Trauma-Syndrome

Getsume is good at the game, however Trauma is just a little better. Enough said. Advantage: Trauma

Whitehand Vs. Bringthehouse

Whitehand is probably the player that has improved by far the most since playing with him. House is definatley good and is going to bring it hard and Whitehand will have to be on his game. Advantage House
Spacefreak0422
Spacefreak0422

PSN Name : Spacefreak0422

Back to top Go down

Round One Pregame Analysis! Empty Finally

Post  Watchthemdrift Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 am

Finally I got the review done...sorry it took so long, like I said...I have been mad busy. Good luck everybody!
Watchthemdrift
Watchthemdrift

Back to top Go down

Round One Pregame Analysis! Empty Re: Round One Pregame Analysis!

Post  -----CrAzY----- Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Dude im getting Stoked about this tournament. I know most people are not going to divulge to much info, but is there any particular set up you think will work good on a 1v1.
-----CrAzY-----
-----CrAzY-----

PSN Name : CrAzY-MIROSLAV

Back to top Go down

Round One Pregame Analysis! Empty hmm

Post  Watchthemdrift Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:47 pm

-----CrAzY----- wrote:Dude im getting Stoked about this tournament. I know most people are not going to divulge to much info, but is there any particular set up you think will work good on a 1v1.

Ninja will be Essential...use the gun your most comfortable with. Have a good backup gun too. FLASH BANGS will be very useful for around corners. If you think the enemy isnt using ninja, snap on the fish finder. Semtex will be good for getting people in out of reach areas. HAVE MULTIPLE CLASSES...that would be the best thing I can suggest.
Watchthemdrift
Watchthemdrift

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot_22 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Just as Drift suggested ninja pro and cold blooded are essential. Have a counter class for classes you think your opponent will use. Seeing as Scrapyard is a fairly compact map I would suggest 2-3 AR classes, and the rest sub machine. For secondary shotguns for plane situations or a handgun for the quick swap. Most of all know you enemy better than you know yourself. Good luck Crazy! I'll be rooting for ya.
Foxtrot_22
Foxtrot_22

PSN Name : Foxtrot_22

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1397460808

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down